Place: Universiti Malaya
Price: RM 25 (include bus fees and clothes)



We and the Universiti Malaysia!!!



Me, Vinyee and Nana~~~




I joined this festival which held in Universiti Malaya lasting for 2 days with Vinyee and Nana. In fact, I would like to quit in the middle due to my full schedule for the coming week and I was already tired out with those disgusting mid-term tests………@_@ But, I have paid RM 25 ne~~~ What a waste it is if I didn’t attend this program !!! No choice, I have to force myself to participate in this festival willingly~~~

This is my first time to Universiti Malaya. Of course we would take many pictures there as a memory. The campus is quite big,but those buildings are too old and dated and not as stylish as MMU one. You can see the multipurpose hall there was full of lichen and the color of the building was faded seriously. It is true!!! I wonder why the authority can’t make maintenance periodically on it?? Lack of money? Just let it be??? Huh….. ??? There is one more thing I can’t stand. The title of the building are all in Bahasa Melayu!!! Library is called PERPUSTAKAAN!!! Hall is called DEWAN!!! Alamak, if there are foreign students come here, do you expect them to understand BM?? In the end, I realized that MMU is indeed better than the others local universities……….




The look of the old style DEWAN ~~

The view behind the DEWAN~~ OH GOD....


Day 1 (Saturday July 26, 2008)
9.30 Opening Ceremony
10.00 Public Lecture: Japanese Language and Culture
11.00 – 12.30 Japanese Movie: Waterboys
12.30 – 15.30 Japanese Language Market
15.30 – 17.00 Japanese Language Class

It is normal for me to “fish” during the opening ceremony and the public lecture session. But, what surprised me is those Japanese speaker even can give an opening speech in Bahasa Malaysia!!! SHOCK!!! I admired them, and I really think that their BM is better than me~~~
The funniest program for the whole day is watching the comedic movie --- Waterboys. I can’t stop laughing while watching it. It was about the story of high school boys who joined the synchronised swimming training to show their determination and confidence in order to live a colorful secondary school life.
For the Japanese Language Class, to me, it is bored. And also, I can’t learn anything at all. Sitting there and doing nothing. The lecturer taught us a song which I have learnt in the last semester. I missed Hanae Nakamura so much~~~ She is really a dedicated and adorable lecturer. Wuwuwuw >_<. So, we repeated singing the song for several times ( Saya sudah pengsan edi!!!). Later, that lecturer even required us to have a drama performance based on the lyric of that songs!!! Saya tak boleh tahan lagi lah……It is a waste of my time. Waiting for the class dismissed, I listened to the songs for another several times again……….

The Japense Cultural Market

Me with the 2 beautiful girls


Japanese Cultural Class
We were having our drama performance

4 accounting students ...hoohoo


Day 2 (Sunday July 27, 2008)
9.00 – 10.30 Japanese Cultural Experience (Session 1)
11.00 – 12.30 Japanese Cultural Experience (Session 2)
12.30 Closing Ceremony

The Japanese Cultural Experience is the most I expected program in this festival. Indeed, it didn’t let me down. ^_^ Yup, I was assigned to the Odori Class (Japanese Traditional Dance) for the 1st session. I’m loving it~~~ the conductor taught us patiently and we really have a lot of fun in it. Although we can’t memorize the steps perfectly, but we were in the high spirit when we heard the claps from the audience. It is a feeling like you mixed with the partners through the performance. In fact, I have to go to the Cooking Class in the next session. As your information, there were a lot of people wanna get the chance to attend for this class. But, haha, I was so naughty to ignore it and went to see the others who playing Japanese Chess (IGo). Hehehe….there are 2 kinds of them: 将棋(Shogi) and 围棋(Go). 将棋is something like the Chinese Traditional Chess, but there is still a bit of difference among them. I was addicted to play 围棋 due to the comic “棋灵王” I read before. Out of my curiosity, I kept asking the question and learnt seriously. Overall, it is quite an interesting cultural activity. Hopefully I can explore and learning more cultures…..YOKOSO JAPAN~~~ HOORAY!!!!

Me and my partner.....one of the same batch accounting students.

The stage where we performed our dance.

Shogi (将棋)

Go (围棋)My favourite and interest~~ >_<

This is my result after playing with my opponents. Hha...my first victory